• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

scale question, help?

new2tegus

So I noticed a couple of days ago Jekyll has a light gray blue colored scale on top of his head. He is in good health and just finished shedding. So I'm not sure if that's why or if it's fungal. His humidity is about 85% or so, and it's a cypress eco earth mix. He's eating regularly 3-4 fuzzies a day. Temps are about 105 -108 range basking and mid 80's on the cool side. Thoughts?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Pics will help, but I would guess it is nothing but a odd-colored scale.

new2tegus

I will try and get pictures,but there is more now, so I'm taking him to the vet. Going to see what I can do in the meantime to help.

new2tegus

Any suggestions, I've just been doing hot water with some salt right now,and watered down betadine. Anything else that would help. Stores that might carry something ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam