• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Safe height to fall from?

Max height to let tegu fall from (8 month old)

• 3 ft

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 ft

• 2.5 ft

• 4 ft

• Total voters

Largelizards

What is the max height a tegu should be allowed to fall from? Such as onto a rug surface? My tegu likes to climb on my bed but the fall is about 3 feet. My bed is raised up high off the floor to give more roaming space) and I worry it may be too high, any thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Tizzay89

0 feet. Fun fact ppl die from falling out of bed.
If the tegu lands wrong say on the tail it will break its tail. U can avoid this all together by draping a blanket from bed to floor. Mine comes to the edge of its cage a nice 4.5 foot drop to hardwood. Looks over and never takes the plunge. So yours may not jump off the bed but rather try to slide down using its claws. But yeah any fall has a risk :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam