• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Room For Improvement

G

Hi everyone,

I'm curious to hear what you all think could use the most improvement here at TeguTalk. Is it easy to use and navigate? Do pages load in a reasonable time? Do you receive any errors when using TeguTalk?
Thanks for your feedback!

Best,
Josh

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yes, recently yes (previously no) and no...

My lizard research led me to Tegus and now I truly love them...

My Tegu research led me to Tegu Talk and while love may be too strong of a word... I truly enjoy stopping by this site each evening after work...

My only suggestion for improvement is to better advertise the glories of these marvelous animals (Tegus) so more people will have a reason to join and add into the conversations :p

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
Toby_H said:
My only suggestion for improvement is to better advertise the glories of these marvelous animals (Tegus) so more people will have a reason to join and add into the conversations :p

We could be like the Jehovah's Witnesses, but with Tegus... We could dress up, bring our tegus, and go door to door asking if people have "found tupinambis" and try to get them to "accept tegus into their heart".... Someone just needs to write a book on tegus so that we will have reading material to give out... lol.

G

Thanks for the feedback everyone. The site should be loading a bit faster now that it's on a dedicated server. I will be advertising TeguTalk a lot in the coming months. I've already started advertising it on my other site Tortoise Forum.
Any honest feedback is good feedback. Keep it comin'!

Kingwolf26

5 Year Member
Can we get a photo gallery, so we can post our pics of our lizards? we are so proud of them but its too much to go through posts to see pics

G

Yes, kingwolf, a photo gallery is definitely on the list! I will likely be moving us to a better forum script that will be easier to read and more user friendly. If anyone's interested in beta testing, PM me.

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey Josh,

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.Tegutalk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.Tegutalk.com</a><!-- w --> now goes straight to the forum, instead of going to the information site and then having to click forum. That saves me a step and was (in my opinion) a great change. Thanks!

Also...

I love the box at the top of the forum that scrolls through threads with new posts. Personally, I rarely search through the actual folders and simply keep up with recent activity by watching the scroll box.

Though I've noticed, as activity picks up, we may have more than 15 threads with new posts since my last visit (I generally check daily after work). I would appreciate it if the scroll box listed more posts. Also as things pick up (as they always do in the spring) increasing to as many as 25 or 30 may be helpful to myself and others who rely heavily on the scroll box.

Lastly, thanks again for your involvement. I've appreciated this site for several years now and it's refreshing to see regular maintenance and improvements taking place.

G

The 15 posts on the ticker are about right as far as speed of repetition.There could be a next fifteen and a next fifteen

G

There are multiple IPs registering to post spam. We're removing them as quickly as we can :-/

Kazzy

5 Year Member
I have one suggestion. When you are on a board, in order to post a new thread you have to scroll all the way down to find the button. Or, at least I do. There isn't a 'Post New Thread' button up top, just at bottom. Anyway we can have on up top as well?

G

I aim to please! There should be new topic buttons at the top and bottom of forum pages AND ALSO new topic and post reply buttons at the top and bottom of each thread!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny