• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Rhino Photo thread anyone ??

RobK.

he finished shedding his head , so i thought it would be time for another pic .I would love to see some more updates of yours

Rhominov2011-1.jpg

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He is an awesome looking rhino, makes me wish I had one to contribute to the thread!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I dont have my khaos anymore but that head shot alone looks amazing, awesome iggy

RobK.

Aiion said:
He is so stunning. Very nice photography too. How is his temperament?

The room is at kept 80-88 during the day , also the cage , 75 at night .using a oil filled heater and fan . he also has a 100 watt Megaray and 75 watt Halogen over the rocks and depending where he's at on the rocks and wood he has choices between 85-120 degs and 35-160 MW of UVB under everything . and on the tile in his hide it around 80 +/- during the day and 75 at night . He's LOVING IT !!!

Aiion

RobK. said:
Aiion said:

The room is at kept 80-88 during the day , also the cage , 75 at night .using a oil filled heater and fan . he also has a 100 watt Megaray and 75 watt Halogen over the rocks and depending where he's at on the rocks and wood he has choices between 85-120 degs and 35-160 MW of UVB under everything . and on the tile in his hide it around 80 +/- during the day and 75 at night . He's LOVING IT !!!

LOL...I meant what is his personality like :) Although that is really interesting. I have been studying lighting and temps half the day, because I will need to build a new enclosure soon. Still feeling pretty clueless.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I cant speak for robk,but my rhino temperment is really good,i dont really force my self on him,after his soak ill let him run around the lizard room and he'll come right up to me with no problem.Also i can pet him in and out of his cage,plus trim his nails so his temperment is pretty good.I will post new pictures soon to add to the post.

Aiion

teguboy77 said:
I cant speak for robk,but my rhino temperment is really good,i dont really force my self on him,after his soak ill let him run around the lizard room and he'll come right up to me with no problem.Also i can pet him in and out of his cage,plus trim his nails so his temperment is pretty good.I will post new pictures soon to add to the post.

Awesome...can't wait! I am seriously considering adding one to my collection, in a few years.

RobK.

nice looking rhino 77

for those of you with Rhino iguana's, what are you plans in the next year or so for a new cage ? I think that i will be building a 6'x4' x12' next summer in his room . ??

RobK.

Aiion said:
RobK. said:
Aiion said:

LOL...I meant what is his personality like :)

lol lol lol !!!! I have not laughed this hard in a while and the laugh is on me .:D:D:D too funny !!! thats it , i am getting my glasses replaced ASAP !!!!! rolleyes: broke them months ago and my arms are not long enough and can't see squat up close.:rolleyes::D

his/her ''TEMPERAMENT '' is now very very tame and calm . I even brought my black Lab into his room today for the first time . My Rhino just looked at him and kept eating . He never bites or runs or anything anymore . he will eat anywhere . I can hold him , pick him up or do anything with him . getting him had fed and eating out of my hands made the biggest improvement in him/her . before that he was real crazy and wild .
lol lol lol !!!! I have not laughed this hard in a while and the laugh is on me .:D:D:D too funny !!! thats it , i am getting my glasses replaced ASAP !!!!! rolleyes: broke them months ago and my arms are not long enough and can't see squat up close.:rolleyes::D

his/her ''TEMPERAMENT '' is now very very tame and calm . I even brought my black Lab into his room today for the first time . My Rhino just looked at him and kept eating . He never bites or runs or anything anymore . he will eat anywhere . I can hold him , pick him up or do anything with him . getting him had fed and eating out of my hands made the biggest improvement in him/her . before that he was real crazy and wild .
Aiion said:
RobK. said:
Aiion said:

LOL...I meant what is his personality like :) Although that is really interesting. I have been studying lighting and temps half the day, because I will need to build a new enclosure soon. Still feeling pretty clueless.

TRY AGAIN !!!

''lol lol lol !!!! I have not laughed this hard in a while and the laugh is on me . too funny !!! thats it , i am getting my glasses replaced ASAP !!!!! rolleyes: broke them months ago and my arms are not long enough and can't see squat up close.

his/her ''TEMPERAMENT '' is now very very tame and calm . I even brought my black Lab into his room today for the first time . My Rhino just looked at him and kept eating . He never bites or runs or anything anymore . he will eat anywhere . I can hold him , pick him up or do anything with him . getting him had fed and eating out of my hands made the biggest improvement in him/her . before that he was real crazy and wild . ''

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Its amazing how fast these guys put on bulk weight,all that eating they do lol.As far as cages go not sure but something along the lines of 6x4x8 not huge but i do let mine free roam alot with me watching him.

RobK.

mine has gone from 1 plate of food to two since he's doing better . yesterday he ate two plates and 12 Muzuri T.C. and wanted more . he never ate this good before .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam