• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Rex & Bella picture update

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
Rex and Bella are back after taking a little break from the forum, and have a bunch new photos to share with everyone!

Rex is 11 year old male and Bella is a 6 yr old female. They have been a bonded pair for 3 years now.

Not very lady like of her! LOL

Bella:

Rex:

Jackie & Hellboy

Hahaha, that pic of Rex in that bag
Quick question, do you buy your quail eggs locally or online? If online where? I'd like to add some of those as treats to my tegus diet.

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
Hahaha, that pic of Rex in that bag
Quick question, do you buy your quail eggs locally or online? If online where? I'd like to add some of those as treats to my tegus diet.
I can get them as privately owned super markets, asian markets and local breeders. I don't know where online sells them.

Jackie & Hellboy

Yeah I only ask about online because I've looked locally here any no such luck :( but I think I read where one person said they find them online, I'll have a look see, even though it sounds weird to ship eggs haha.

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
Yeah I only ask about online because I've looked locally here any no such luck :( but I think I read where one person said they find them online, I'll have a look see, even though it sounds weird to ship eggs haha.
If you are on facebook, join The Tegu-Phile group. There is a guy in there that will ship quail eggs.

sage

Is straw a good substrate for tegus? I've seen that in a few pics and that would be really cheap for me and seems like it would be easy to clean

Jackie & Hellboy

Is straw a good substrate for tegus? I've seen that in a few pics and that would be really cheap for me and seems like it would be easy to clean
I'm assuming straw is being used as a replacement for leaf litter on her bio active soil, straw by itself is probably not suitable as it will develop fungus from being damp constantly

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
I use top soil but add oak leaf litter on top to help hold moisture in the soil as well as provide enrichment. The straw I pile up in their sleeping area, over time they spread it out and I just rake it up and put it back into a mound for them to tunnel and sleep in. I and they absolutely love it. I have been using it for over a year now, and have no issues with mold or mildew.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny