• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Reputation Points

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
On other sites, I've run we've turned off reputations because they start to be used for the wrong things. How are reputations serving us here so far? I need to look into making them positive only. Borrowing from the "if you have nothing nice to say..." proverb.
Anyway, everyone's input would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They started off working really well but ive noticed members giving each other bad ratings because they dont like the other person, because someone gave them a bad one, because they got into an arguement. To be honest, i wouldnt be sad if we got rid of them.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't us it,.. but it can, will be and has been abused just like most things. For lack of maturity, integrity of that person or what ever reason. I've seen people give negative ratings because someone didn't agree with someone else. The same way I've seen people give positive ratings for no reason at all,.. just because. Or they rated me so I'll go and do the same.

As long as it's there it's up to the person on the other end whether or not they
use it correctly.[/i]

got10

rhetoricx said:
They started off working really well but ive noticed members giving each other bad ratings because they dont like the other person, because someone gave them a bad one, because they got into an arguement. To be honest, i wouldnt be sad if we got rid of them.

i second that opinion

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think they're kind of pointless. The only concern I have is that some people may ignore sound advice based on the popularity of the poster. Likewise, someone may see a person with a high reputation and think everything they spout is pure gold. The current reputation feature seems more of a distraction than a benefit in my opinion.

Sirhc401

I agree with what has been said before me. It causes more problems then it is worth. I stoped rating because if you give anyone a bad rating for a good reason they will give you a bad rating for no reason. I think the members on here can create their own reputation by being helpful all the time and people can see themselves who is good and who is not. We don't really need to be branded as good or bad. That kind of makes our words moot in comparison with someone with better reputation

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602