• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Reptilinks

BIgjimmy

I have a juvenile Blue. On day 1 he ate the reptilinks no problem. Since then, I have offered 3 or 4 times and he smells it, licks it, but won't eat it at all. Anybody else experience this with reptilinks?

rantology

had a little difficulty transitioning my guy initially. he LOVED insects so I ended up chopping up half a dubia and either scenting the reptilink with it (rubbed a little fish oil on them too), or doing the ol' bait and switch on him for a while. After a month or so of that he started gobbling them up on his own with no trickery from me and loves them to this day.

BIgjimmy

had a little difficulty transitioning my guy initially. he LOVED insects so I ended up chopping up half a dubia and either scenting the reptilink with it (rubbed a little fish oil on them too), or doing the ol' bait and switch on him for a while. After a month or so of that he started gobbling them up on his own with no trickery from me and loves them to this day.
Thanks very much, that's a good idea. Mine loves superworms unfortunately, he would eat only that if I let him. I will try scenting with superworms for a while.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
They can be picky little buggers, but don't forget to sprinkle that calcium (Repti-Cal or whatever) and you can always hide things like veggies in ground turkey, or sometimes I stuff things into Skully's salmon that he loves!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980