• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Reptile Fest, Chicago

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
If anyone is in the area, or even a couple of hours away, you should consider taking in Reptile Fest in Chicago this weekend. It is hosted by the Chicago Herp Society and is strictly an educational event...no live animal sales although there are dry goods, supplies, and gift items for sale. I was told last night that there are close to 160 tables of reptiles and information this year. I will be attending as a member of the Iguana Squad with several different species of Cyclura and Ctenosaura. I'm also taking a couple of monitors along for the Monitor Wall which will include Croc monitors, Dumerils, albigs, Timors, and quite a few more species. There are always lots of turtles and torts, humongous snakes, and a really nice display of live crocodilians. Des will be there representing the IRCF. Lots of stuff for kids to do including a scavenger hunt and face painting!

For more info visit:

http://www.chicagoherp.org/fest/main.htm

Pics from last year.
Picture051.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture043.jpg

ZEKE

5 Year Member
cool. im nowhere near there so i wont be going but i wish i could. it looks fun.

i feel bad for those crocs tho :( they cant even turn around in those tubes. why are they in there and not just in a big cage where they can at least move?

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
photos from Fest '08

Theses first two are of iguana and gecko row. We exhibited about 40 animals that we transported from Michigan to chicago with enclosures for all of them. My van was packed to the roof!

f08005.jpg

f08006.jpg

Crocodilian alley. The enclosures look inadequate but the animals do fine for a 2 days exhibit.
f08020.jpg

f08039.jpg

There were huge snakes on display, including a 220 pound Afrock.
f08010.jpg

Box turtle table
f08024.jpg

One of the smaller gators
f08046.jpg

My ugly tired mug with my baby, Azul.
f08036.jpg

The event was a huge success with a record gate...over 6000 paying people through the doors. There were more exhibitor tables than the last 2 years and lots of educating going on. I came home with only a few animals that I didn't take... a burm, a gopher snake, a boa, and a few scorpions. For some reason they wanted to display Clifford, my red tegu, with the monitors. He got lots of wonderful comments and several people offered me some good sums of money if I were interested in selling him. I had to decline...he's not going anywhere. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam