• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Red,White,Yellow (Albino), Blue, Green ect Iguanas!

So what type of Iguana do you prefer and how hard is it to get hold of some of these odd color phases?

(( personally im a big fan of Galapagos Land Iguanas and Rhinocerous ))

but these color phases are so beautiful, so I have to ask,

Do you prefer, A red iguana, A Albino Iguana, a White Iguana, A Blue Iguana, or a Green Iguana?

And how hard is it to get these phases and whats the price ranges for these beautifuly colored reptile? p.s ive looked on reptile sites kingsnake ect, cant find white or blues for sell. found a red and albino on there and other sites. anyways, answer the questions if can or want! :D

frost

1,000+ Post Club
the only iguanas i wil purchase is the rhino and cuban rock.other ones are extremly hard to tame down enough for my taste.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You can check out tomcrutchfield' s reptiles website, he breeds all kinds of reptile and i know he got the blues, white and albinos but they cost a few thousand dollars, he has some awesome rhinos too

reptastic said:
You can check out tomcrutchfield' s reptiles website, he breeds all kinds of reptile and i know he got the blues, white and albinos but they cost a few thousand dollars, he has some awesome rhinos too

i was on his site all last night and this morning. though i didnt see any blues for sale yet :/ id like to see a adult blue and adult white before i buy them to know to expect :/ but ive never seen him show them. all i saw were greens, reds and albinos and some japanese or hcinese iguana besides his rhinos. any help on those requested images? granted temperment isnt a BIG deal to me, its still nice to be able to enjoy time with your reptile if possible :D

herpgirl2510

I would only own a rock iguana their temperments forthe most part are better. The thing that concens me about iguanas is they say when they mature especially males their temperments can drastically change. They require more room than most regular hobbyists can provide plus I hae been around full grown iguanas god forbd you own one with a nasty disposition.

herpgirl2510 said:
I would only own a rock iguana their temperments forthe most part are better. The thing that concens me about iguanas is they say when they mature especially males their temperments can drastically change. They require more room than most regular hobbyists can provide plus I hae been around full grown iguanas god forbd you own one with a nasty disposition.

well temperments dont really bother me, because after i move to L.A and N.Y (( and i will have people tending my reptiles when im not around )) and i build my home in Australia sense ive already got the ackalades to tour big ifi chose and make them oney needed, i want to have a huge mansion with a basement in the basment ill keep allot of big reptiles like monitors, albino aligator, croc, ect. :D so to me its just a matter of respect. even a boa or python can change moods with a split second. im so just confused on what i want knowing i can tend to all their needs even years down the road bc of my connections : / plus if wqorse came to worse the breeders i know would take care and sign a agreement to hold them til i got back :D im just ughh on desciding!!! http://www.reptilerepublic.com/albino/albino3.jpg heck out that pic

turtlepunk said:
I also like the galapagos iguanas! theyre so cute with their short stubby faces!!! lol

i am in LOVE with Galapagos Iguans though i dont htink we can own the land ones :/ even the marines are beautiful though!! :D galapagos are my fave iguanas. i also love rock iguanas that you mentioned but i cant find them any wheres :/ im tempted to get one of them though and a rhino and red iguana, white, blue and green and albino. i know i could take care of them no problem. but i really want tegus to start out with unless i go with a rhino iguana first. if yo uadd me on my FB ive been making albums of pics i find on google images of different reptiles ect u may like it though iveb een busy so ill have to restart on it soon but im trying to gert all my faves in it but its tirigg and hard. and get their names all right ect before i stick in all the correct info and care ect on them. check this image out btw!!! http://www.reptilerepublic.com/albino/albino3.jpg

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, having room is great, but an iguana is the kind of reptile that you have to spend a lot of time with. They really are a bit different than other animals. You can't build a huge cage, stick it in there, visit it when you are home, and have a tame iguana. It just doesn't happen. They are herbivorous animals that are prey for other animals. That makes them flighty and naturally suspicious. They have a complex social system and raging hormones beyond other reptiles. Often they can't even be kept in view of each other because of their displays and aggression toward other males.

Blue igs are just green igs, same with the reds. "Albinos" are a variation of the green, white is a genetic mutation. Galapagos iguanas, really??? They are so controlled that visitation is restricted, much less ownership. Keep researching!

laurarfl said:
Well, having room is great, but an iguana is the kind of reptile that you have to spend a lot of time with. They really are a bit different than other animals. You can't build a huge cage, stick it in there, visit it when you are home, and have a tame iguana. It just doesn't happen. They are herbivorous animals that are prey for other animals. That makes them flighty and naturally suspicious. They have a complex social system and raging hormones beyond other reptiles. Often they can't even be kept in view of each other because of their displays and aggression toward other males.

Blue igs are just green igs, same with the reds. "Albinos" are a variation of the green, white is a genetic mutation. Galapagos iguanas, really??? They are so controlled that visitation is restricted, much less ownership. Keep researching!
i said galapagose land iguanas are one of my fave not that ill OWN one of them lmfao

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
"i am in LOVE with Galapagos Iguans though i dont htink we can own the land ones"

Sorry, this line must have thrown me

laurarfl said:
"i am in LOVE with Galapagos Iguans though i dont htink we can own the land ones"

Sorry, this line must have thrown me

well when i wrote that i am in love with them, but i didnt think we could, i looked it up after i posted that bc i new the marine ones were hands off but i wasnt sure about the lands ones they threw off. i didnt know they had LAND ones til last month when i was researching the marine ones and saw this huge yellow dinasaur looking iguana with grey on it, i clicked on it, closed it pic to reveal the site, and it had all these pictures of them titled galapagos land iguanas. theyre my fave :D though im tempted to get a red iguana and not a white one or blue for expensive reasons. XD although ifeel a tegu first would be good. if i had to i could balance out my bands music stuff to time zones, ect and we could do allot of it here. and we only play once or twice a week so i end up with ab it of free time lately and try to keep it tha tway only working part time jobs just for the sake my music carreer and writing/ playing time. :D though i know for sure after ive toured a while iam and will help reptiles around the world.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny