• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Red tegu night Temps and humidity.

Roger

5 Year Member
Hello,

In about 4 weeks I will get my first red tegu.
I have done the daytime setup from 45 to 50 degrees Celsius Hotspot and 25-26 degrees Celsius as minimum temperature.
But what temperature should I go for at night? Which min and max?
And what will be a good humidity level?
Hope to see some answers.
Regards,

Roger

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hey Roger..... in the low 20's is fine for night temps I personally don't use anything at night as my house stays at a constant 21 anyway.

and i'm sure some one with a red will be able to give you an idea humidity as they tend to be more awkward to shed.

Roger

5 Year Member
hey Roger..... in the low 20's is fine for night temps I personally don't use anything at night as my house stays at a constant 21 anyway.

and i'm sure some one with a red will be able to give you an idea humidity as they tend to be more awkward to shed.

Thanks for your reaction.
Well I hope that somebody can help me out on the humidity

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I personally just let my humidity fluctuate between 60-80% as would in the wild but I know most people prefer to keep a constant and with a red I'd be tempted to keep it at the higher end (at a guess)

Merlot

I personally just let my humidity fluctuate between 60-80% as would in the wild but I know most people prefer to keep a constant and with a red I'd be tempted to keep it at the higher end (at a guess)
I second this notion. I have a red argy male and they tend to have shedding issues. If you keep it at an honest 60% plus you’ll be good. But really strive to keep it on the higher end of closer to 80. I would definitely recommend a fogger/humidifier rigged up to to go the tank, you can set them to different levels. I’m about to outfit my enclosure with one as spraying is a pita, especially if the enclosure isn’t properly sealed or have one of those Aquariums with the vented cage lids. Give em a bath 1 or 2 times a week at least. It’s great bonding and they love it.

Roger

5 Year Member
Thanks for all the answers. I am very happy with it.
Just counting days, can't wait to get me Beer (Dutch for bear)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced