• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

rat breeding

frost

1,000+ Post Club
lol nice james. it is actually pretty simple. you never want to put more than one male rat in a cage otherwise they will fight and kill one another. you can have up to 4 or 5 rats in one cage depending on the size. other than that get some kibbles n bits from the store and leave them with plenty of food and water and your good. be sure to put in the occasional veggie/fruit too.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'd pass on the dog/cat food for rats - most brands don't even cut it for their intended target. Check with any local feed stores and see if they carry a high quality rodent, horse or pig chow. I use swine block myself and my rodents are thriving.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
Hahaha James. A. Rat's smell terrible so you're not going to want them in your room or house, so I would suggest a garage or shed. That is if you want enough to actually be able to support feeding your herps. B. If they are to crammed or hungry, they eat their babies so you have to be on top of that. C. They are easy to breed, put one male with several females and then the birds and the bees part happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980