• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Radiant heat panel or ceramic heat emitter?

Roger

5 Year Member
Hello,

I have a high enclosure of 80 cm.
Now I use radiant heat panels mounted against the top. But I for the electricity bill I want something that can heat better at lower costs. Now I am looking for something else that is warming the air temperature and the surface under it. Is a ceramic heat emitter better? Or stick to the radiant heat panel?

rantology

CHE's are power hogs for how much heat they put out. Radiant heat panels are IMO more safe and more efficient and heat a more even/ larger area.... and they can be more precisely controlled with thermostats instead of the on/off of CHEs. theres quite a few brands but you cant go wrong with ProHeat ones... can also email them and they can suggest exactly what kind of panel may fit your situation

Also to clarify you are looking for something to help with ambient temps as opposed to basking spots, right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602