• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Python Bans Smear Campaign, PLEASE READ!!!

AB^

5 Year Member
I don't care for pythons. Whether smaller ones like spotteds or larger like retics BUT..
If this thing passes it's really only to open the gate to more and more reptile legislation. What's next? Monitors and Tegus?
They are large and could be "hazardous". They do have teeth and claws.

So anyways this article/ petition has annoyed the h3LL out of me since I read it.

Seriously, this is some twisted $#%^.
http://www.change.org/petitions/vie...us_sized_snakes_to_protect_environment_safety

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I seriously felt like throwing up while reading that complete piece of crap article.. People fear what they don't understand, they hate what they fear. Instead of trying to educate themselves on the subject they mindlessly join the masses of ignorant asstards trying to ban something about which they know very little or even nothing.

AB^

5 Year Member
Ive been pissed off about it all day myself. I even took the time to register to that site so i could messgae that petition poster.
If i had more time i'd start a new petition on our side. (maybe there already is one)

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i agree, it utterly ignorance, they dont know a thing about these animals yet they buy into the crap the media feeds them. and then you end up with a angry mob wanting to destroy something, if you ask them why its simply because they dont like them wtf?!?! if your going to band together to ban something at least have your own personal thoughts. and everyone keeps bringing up the everglades, most of them live no were near florida, and have no idea about other things effecting the wildlife there like sugarcane farms and people cutting down the forest's to build homes, factorys ect. these people need to get a life and leave ours alone!

preston897

i really dont understand the part about people satisfying their sexual urges by feeding cats and dogs to your snakes. i guess i should understand though...seeing as i have that unnatural tendency because i own large reptiles.

Adam87

5 Year Member
these people make me sick there is no proof what so ever that people use dogs and cats as food, andim sorry for what happened in FL but honestly if the cage was built better and was fed enough and handled things would have been different

preston897

thats the thing about large snakes....if you dont keep them fed they will find food. i have not heard an issue with a large snake who was WELL fed.

White_Lotus

5 Year Member
well fed or not if you don't keep your snake secure it will mostlikely escape...somehow they blame the snake for this bull. They also leave out the whole MASS DISAPPEARANCE of pythons and boas due to last winters abnormal cold temperatures. There is no more python problem in the everglades but here they are still trying to push the issue...

And that bulls**t about feeding free cats and dogs...come on now that is complete and total poo and makes me worried about what else they may decide to come up with :S...I dare them to say monitors or tegus are dangerous i have pictures of small children(3-4yrs old) holding and playing with my tegus and a little boy holding my sav, Bill Nelson makes me sick to my stomach!

herper9

5 Year Member
Oh yes, I remember the last pure bred pomeranians I fed to my 2 burms. They screamed and it got me sooo excited. What total bull. It's sad that these people have nothing better to do than burn at the stake things they don't and try not to understand. AB^, USARK is trying to get the whole thing stopped. I know they're a special interest, which I hate, but they are the only ones protecting our right to keep these beautiful animals. And yes they will start coming after everything else we desire to own! Even if we can take better care of them then some zoos! Private reptile keepers have saved more reptiles from extinction than any government institution or zoo. More dogs have killed children than any other animal. We should ban dogs! So dumb...

preston897

people consider dogs pets. because they are domesticated. i know you cannot truly domesticate a reptile. but they can get close. and i consider all of mine pets....what do you things the odds are that this ban will actually happen?

herper9

5 Year Member
If they keep it under wraps like they have been lately and a lot of people don't know about it, I think it has a decent enough chance to pass. We all just have to get involved and get everyone else we know involved.

herper9

5 Year Member
Probably not this year with everything else going on, but Mr. Nelson out of Florida is pushing it pretty hard. It also has the financial backing of the HSUS.

herper9

5 Year Member
No, it will be voted on by representatives and senators. One is Senate Bill 373, the other is House Resolution 2811. They are trying to add nine different species of large constrictors to the Lacey Act.

brutus13

OMG that pissed me off. I have never seen such a bs letter before in my life. Yes there are sick and twisted people out there. Look at our sex affenders hell we cant even get them banned. RIP Chelsea King. They are doing the same crap that they do to Pit Bulls. ITs all on the owner. Same thing with gun rights its all on the owner. Lets educate people and quit blaming animals for their poor excuse of owners they had. If there is a petition against this let me know because I will sign it! I love my reps and they are all well fed and in good size cages (that they cant' escape)! This just pisses me off and I hate ignorant people that "hate snakes" becuase they know nothing about them.

preston897

this really is unfortunate.....it makes me sad that these government yuppies are trying to do this for their own selfish desires. its all about power...and the fact that they can. i though our government was supposed to help us...and support us. but instead they become power hungry. and want to take away a hobby that millions of americans love. i dont know what i would do without the reptile hobby. its a lifestyle for me....as i am sure it is for all of you. i wish these people would quit being so ignorant. i think our government has many more things to worry about. maybe the fact that we are hundreds of billions of dollars in debt? maybe the fact that we have 2 wars going on? maybe the fact that so much of our country is homeless, without work, and without food or money. but no......they decide to worry about snakes.

AB^

5 Year Member
SIGN THIS

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.change.org/petitions/view/help_us_spread_awareness_save_our_pets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.change.org/petitions/view/he ... e_our_pets</a><!-- m -->

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supportibi