• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Problem shedding

LuvmyTeggie

Hi everyone:

My tegu is having a hard time shedding. Until now he has not had the humidity he needed because we were getting his new enclosure built. I was bathing him 2-3 times a week.

Now he has the perfect enclosure and has been in there a few days. I gave him another bath today, but the shed seems to be almost stuck on him like it's glued on.

Any suggestions? Is there an oil i could put on him that would help? HELP!

Try shed-ez its worked for me in the past with stuck shed. If u absolutely have to use something on him try coconut oil (raw organic) but please do this after his lights are shut off and make sure you bathe in the am before basking because you don't want him basking under a hot lamp with oil on his skin it can possibly cause burns.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602