• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Possible Problem with a Foot??

saurus172

Sorry that my first post is like this and that it's kind of a read.

I got home tonight from work to turn off all of Goliath's lights except for his nightime bulb and to wetten the substrate to help with the humidity and went to wake up Goliath because he doesn't like the spray bottle when its misting and I found that small piece of his skin off the top of his rear foot was gone. Should I be concerned?
20200924_225634.jpg

The browner scaly skin around the injury I noticed after he had his first shed with me a few days ago and thought that it was just some dry skin(the injiry area was also like that brownish color), so I let him have a bath to soak off any leftover shed and to let him swim and if he liked it. I don't know if it was a scab, some scar tissue, or what. He bears his weight on the foot so it's not an injury to the foot itself.
I just don't know if I should be wprried or if I should just let him heal it on his own since it is my first Tegu.

Attachments

• 20200924_225634.jpg
    20200924_225634.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7

saurus172

No lights are anywhere capable for him to get close to, but it is most likely just a shedding thing as one of his hands is showing similar type scales. It's already healing where the mark is on his foot.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
He's pretty small still...he could have gotten it jumping around. There is some blood there too right? You could wash it up and put betadine on it so it doesn't get infected. If it's just a bruise/cut...it'll heal. Skully bruised and broke the skin on his nose and I couldn't even put the betadine on it and it still healed in about 4-6 weeks completely. I just kept it clean, but it wasn't a huge issue.

saurus172

Knowing Goliath and his insane chases with crickets, it was probably just him hitting it during the time to shed. There was no blood from what I saw, so it wasn't that bad. I've been cleaning it and keeping debris from touching it as much as I'm able to. He's just a hyper baby when he's on the hunt.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoeiyehi