• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

poop and hibernation

new2tegus

Okay, other than quite a bit less of an output he's in perfect health. He eats everyday 2-3 fuzzies, sometimes 4,and is quite active. So should I be worried, because he use to leave a pile and now it's about half.

new2tegus

Yes, that's all he will eat, I try to mix it up,but he refuses,so I guess I have to stop and let him get hungry and give him something else.

xocrieox

Yeah to many whole prey meals arent good for them mine didnt want anything else but
pinkies at first but i kept trying other stuff and now she eats everything lol

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I wouldn't be worried ATM. If hes not taking a lot in there won't be a lot to leave. What I do is stop offering whole prey or whatever the tegu is "hooked on" and keep offering what I want them to eat. Eventually they're hungry enough to where they don't care what it is. They won't starve themselves if they are otherwise healthy.

new2tegus

Thanks rhet lol, I feel bad doing that, but I will have to. I waited a day the one week, and he still turned his nose up at the turkey/ liver mix. Will have to wait longer lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny