• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Please help me identify my Colombian.

Gurusum

This is Tegan. I rescued him from a little pet store here in Phoenix. They were only feeding him one mouse a week and the handler was very abusive and antagonizing towards Tegan. It broke my heart so I dished out the $200 bucks and brought him home. If anyone could please help me identify the type of Colombian he is. I've tried everywhere and I can't find help with this. If any other photos are needed please ask and I'll take them.
20200114_174859.jpg
20200114_174949.jpg
20200111_192532.jpg
20191220_003323.jpg

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sorry I can't help you with this as it all seems a bit too scientific and of course animals in the pet trade could have a mixture of all in their genes.

Nice looking lizard though :D

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The key you attatched indicates teguixin.

Amazing how many pet places have no business selling pets.

Gurusum

AlphaAlpha: Thank you! He's fattened up well since I got him. Slowly but surely I'm working towards his trust.

Walter:
I was thinking Teguixin as well. Originally I thought Cryptus and was told so but that can't be right according to the article. I've searched everywhere and that was the only article I could find on the subject.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
AlphaAlpha: Thank you! He's fattened up well since I got him. Slowly but surely I'm working towards his trust.

Walter:
I was thinking Teguixin as well. Originally I thought Cryptus and was told so but that can't be right according to the article. I've searched everywhere and that was the only article I could find on the subject.
Odds on favorite as well. His shiny skin is a sign of good health.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny