• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Picky 4 month old

Leezard

5 Year Member
Hey we have an estimated 4 month old black and white tegu Bilbo and he is being a jerk denying foods like liver, chicken parts, duck, fish etc but he'll eat a little bit of grape? Weirdo anyways does anyone have any food ideas to tempt him? Otherwise he's just gonna have to get hungry enough

Skeep

5 Year Member
At around that age my gu's favorite foods were live crickets, blueberries and eggs.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Be patient. If healthy, he won't starve himself AND being young he'll be more receptive to new foods.

Leezard

5 Year Member
Thanks! That comforts me. I just had a fecal sample done and it came back clean so I bet he'll go for something new. Really appreciate the responses guys it helps a lot!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks! That comforts me. I just had a fecal sample done and it came back clean so I bet he'll go for something new. Really appreciate the responses guys it helps a lot!
You bet. We help each other.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
mine wouldn't touch anything but hoppers and crickets when he was young .

Leezard

5 Year Member
Hey we have an estimated 4 month old black and white tegu Bilbo and he is being a jerk denying foods like liver, chicken parts, duck, fish etc but he'll eat a little bit of grape? Weirdo anyways does anyone have any food ideas to tempt him? Otherwise he's just gonna have to get hungry enough
UPDATE: He is eating everything again and has continued to gain massive growth so we are no longer so worried :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced