• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

? Painting inside pvc enclosure, yes or no?

Rush1187

Hello all I am a new tegu owner and am currently building my guy his forever home. It's a 8x4x4 closed cell pvc sheet board enclosure. I want to paint the inside walls with black spray paint but not sure what kind to use. Everything i looked up says acrylic based paint. Anybody out there used spray paint on pvc and have input. Thanks

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
This is strictly opinion, but I don't see a problem with paint, as long as it is no longer fresh, or has an odor. I have never used it though. Acrylic based paint is probably one of the most non-toxic ....I think.

MongoMan73000

When painted some custom rock structures awhile back for my crested geckos I also was also wondering this and the only thing that I kept seeing was to cover it with a good layer of acrylic clear coat after painting. this would seal everything in, make it water proof and safe for the animal.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm thinking a tegu's nails might be able to scratch spray paint off of pvc though... Try the clear coat as mentioned above, maybe that will help

ColdBlooded1

Hello all I am a new tegu owner and am currently building my guy his forever home. It's a 8x4x4 closed cell pvc sheet board enclosure. I want to paint the inside walls with black spray paint but not sure what kind to use. Everything i looked up says acrylic based paint. Anybody out there used spray paint on pvc and have input. Thanks
hey is PVC less expensive than lumber now? Lumber price tripled in my area, it's crazy! I need to make an 8x4 as well.

Euphist

Maybe Krylon spray paint. It dries nontoxic and can be used on plastic. I think the trick to getting it to stick would be to rough up the surface with course sand paper before painting
I was about to recommend Krylon Fusion. Once cured, it is even safe to use in aquariums.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam