• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Our Big Red

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here's my wife holding our Red.

100_4488_.jpg

I don't have any other pictures that show scale. I need to take more.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
Here's my wife holding our Red.

100_4488_.jpg
I weighed him tonight. He's up from 1800 grams (4.0 lbs) 7 weeks ago to 3255 grams (7.2 lbs)!!! He had just been treated for pinworms before we got him and it kicked the sh*t out of him.

100_4482_.jpg

Here's his first bath on 8/18.

100_4930_.jpg

And here he is today. It's hard to see because the scale is different.

[/b]

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The first pick looks feminine because he had lost so much weigh because of the worms (no jowls). He definitely has spurs and I've seen him invert when he "goes". MAN, is he well hung!!!! No doubt there!!

I'm guessing we'll get him up to 10 lbs in the next couple of months depending if he slows down or not.

When I get the dining room table cleaned off I'll post a pick of the setup I used to weigh our Tegu's tonight. I brought home a shipping box from work that is about 6" square x 37" long. I put the Tegu's in without a problem. All I had to do was center the weight on the scale (36 lb postal scale).

lizardboy101

5 Year Member
U got bit in the ear??????? WOW. Bet that hurt. lol. Sry for the interuption, but i just couldn't help myself...the ear?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
lizardboy101 said:
U got bit in the ear??????? WOW. Bet that hurt. lol. Sry for the interuption, but i just couldn't help myself...the ear?
She got up into the cartilage (about 3/4 in). Fortunately they aren't alot of nerves or blood vessels up there. At least in my case. She released after 5 seconds and gave me a "Who, Me?" look. At least she didn't "Tysonize" me!!! I keep her away from my head when I'm sweaty now.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
lizardboy101 said:
She got up into the cartilage (about 3/4 in). Fortunately they aren't alot of nerves or blood vessels up there. At least in my case. She released after 5 seconds and gave me a "Who, Me?" look. At least she didn't "Tysonize" me!!! I keep her away from my head when I'm sweaty now.

I've had a similar experience, though it didn't end with a bloody ear. My tegus flick their tongues at my feet like mad. There's a good amount of vessels and nerves down there, so I hope nothing bad happens. :lol:

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
COWHER said:
Another victim of the Tegu ear attacks lol nope just a rugby player
286115336.jpg

Haha. :lol: It wouldn't be too different if a pissed off adult got a hold of your ear. :wink:

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
dorton said:
Good job, very noticable difference before and after in those pics.
Thanks! We suspected he was a she when were first got him because of his size and lack of jowls. But he's got spurs and is hung like a horse! And he was free!! We got him from a local guy who does reptile rescue. His cancer had come out of remission and he needed reduce the amount of work for his wife to do to maintain the animals. We volunteered to help his wife but haven't been able to contact them.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He's looking good. You can def. see the size difference with him in the bath. Good luck with him and watch your ears.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam