• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Oreo is finally here !

Yogamum

I have been researching tegus for close to a year now. It is extremely hard to get them into Canada unfortunately. Oreo has finally arrived !!! I have been reading tegutalk for a very long time and I finally signed up. I am looking forward to finding others that love their lizards :) I have no idea how to use this site I’m just figuring it out as we go.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have been researching tegus for close to a year now. It is extremely hard to get them into Canada unfortunately. Oreo has finally arrived !!! I have been reading tegutalk for a very long time and I finally signed up. I am looking forward to finding others that love their lizards :) I have no idea how to use this site I’m just figuring it out as we go.
Glad you're here. Post a photo of Oreo when you can. They are enjoyable lizards to keep.

Yogamum

I got him from Tails and Scales in Toronto. ( I am over 8 hours north of you) They were great to deal with. They said he was Canadian breed. So far so good :) I think Oreo was around a month when I got him or he’s a super large hatchling. He was 12 in long and weighted 62 g (aug 15). Twelve days later he was 17.5 in long and weighted 112g (aug 26). He’s growing fast !!! He snuggles in with me every day (many times a day). He’s great with both of the kids (9 and 11) and husband. He eats mealworms, superworms, horned worms, waxworks, crickets, red wiggles, dew worms, chicken hearts and gizzards, and pinkies. He loves mealworm beetles. He likes blueberries and loves mango (although I don’t give him much fruit yet). He’s eaten escarole and chicory when mixed with meat. He’s constantly refused repashy grub pie. He’s super easy to handle and will eat from my fingers.

By far my favourite lizard !!!!

EnjoysWine

For comparison, our Red tegu Ruby was 5 and a half weeks old when we got her at the beginning of July this year, and was 13 inches long and weighed 60g. Two weeks later she was 14.5 inches long and 91g. So ya it does sound like your guy is growing fast.

Sounds like Oreo has a good interest in food. Ruby has never had any interest in worms, but eats most of the other stuff on your list. I never thought to try feeding her mealworms beetles; maybe I'll try that.

Some other tasty foods you could try are soft boiled egg and raw chicken liver.

Glad that Oreo is doing so well!

Post some photos when you get a chance. Just click attach file when making a post.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced