• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Not sure what just happened..

Nikki Gregory

So I’m sitting here with Diesel like everyday, and he was crawling over my shoulder flicking my face with his tongue and out of nowhere nipped my face :( so then I put him back in his enclosure. He’s never done that before. He’s nipped at my hands while In his enclosure and shedding (He gets moody when shedding) but usually when out of his home he is super chill. So I’m not sure how I should take this :/ any suggestions?

rantology

seems a bit young for puberty so I'd guess probably not that (yet). They go through personality fluctuations on their road to adulthood, so it could be a variety of things. Odd that it happened outside of the enclosure though, they usually get the most aggressive in "their territory"...especially when you introduce them to anything new/ new enclosures

Nikki Gregory

seems a bit young for puberty so I'd guess probably not that (yet). They go through personality fluctuations on their road to adulthood, so it could be a variety of things. Odd that it happened outside of the enclosure though, they usually get the most aggressive in "their territory"...especially when you introduce them to anything new/ new enclosures
Yea I have read a bit on their puberty stage (not super excited about that lol) But the only think I can think was maybe smelt food on my breath. Ugh. I hope it’s not a bad bonding sign

Catnlion

Think about this and see if it fits.

When you see something you want to check out what do you do. You pick it up, look at it and maybe taste it. Not think about your dog. What does he do? He smells it and uses his hand, aka his mouth, to feel it and taste it. So how does your Tegu check something out?

Andrewpo

If he trys to bite your hand ball your fist bite your toung and let him he’ll relize your not what he should be chewing on guy i bought mine from told me this he said hes done it many time they bite you then they relize hey i cant eat this and i cant do that to try and defend myself

Mikeiam

If he trys to bite your hand ball your fist bite your toung and let him he’ll relize your not what he should be chewing on guy i bought mine from told me this he said hes done it many time they bite you then they relize hey i cant eat this and i cant do that to try and defend myself
What if the tegu could do some damage if u just let em bite mines almost a year an a half

Nikki Gregory

If you still have a face left? I would say its just testing and experimental behaviour........ like a toddler pushing boundaries to see what the consequences were.
Lol I do have a face. I didn’t feel teeth but he was instantly put back in his enclosure and left alone. He hasn’t done anything like it since but I also am cautious with him around my face lol

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam