• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Normal and giant differences

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here is something else when I compared them, the head shape:

This is a giant, note the more pointed nose:
DSCN4109.jpg

And a normal note the more round nose:
DSCN4097.jpg

Giant note the croc like head:
DSCN4106.jpg

Normal note the more round head and the shape of the eye:
DSCN4100.jpg

I was going with the V, and it is found in most of the giants, about 85% of them, but all of them do not have it. But you can see from the pics above that they are very different.

Kharnifex

5 Year Member
LOL, wow thats incredible! i noticed that too but always thought it was a personal thing that jokers head looked like that, with the longer snout. cause joker is now almost groxy's size when i first got her. and his head looks way different. more angles, i love it!

carcharios

5 Year Member
How can you tell the difference between a normal B/W and the giants? I read where you mentioned the "V", but I wasn't sure what you were referring to. Could you please expand?

Carcharios

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Carcharios check out <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=199" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=13&t=199</a><!-- l -->

All_American

5 Year Member
Man O man! Even with this help. I can't tell the difference between my normal and extrwme giant that arived last week. Other thn size, since the B/W is 2 weeks older and bigger. I should change my sign name to "Special Ed"

AWD247

5 Year Member
If your able to hold them together, close enough to examine their features, youll see the differences listed in the above links, then youll notice the specific traits of each, then youll know how to identify which is which.

AWD247

5 Year Member
If your able to hold them together, close enough to examine their features, youll see the differences listed in the above links, then youll notice the specific traits of each, then youll know how to identify which is which.

Richard21

5 Year Member
All_American said:
Man O man! Even with this help. I can't tell the difference between my normal and extrwme giant that arived last week. Other thn size, since the B/W is 2 weeks older and bigger. I should change my sign name to "Special Ed"

Can you see the V? I can see the V in my little Extreme. But I don't see the "Croc" eyes.

All_American

5 Year Member
AWD247 said:

Hmmmmm :doh don't you think i put them together already? I can read the info that was first posted...LOL

The reason I cant tell the difference is they are both Extremes to say, they both have the V under neath... one is a Surgar/blizzard and the other is from another pair... Stupid me...

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
omg, i just realized i will have to study this really hard so i dont confuse the new tegus lol, since both of my b/w nero and achilles had the "V" under their necks and they were both normals, hopefully rayne dont have a "V" and storm does so i dont get them mixed up lol!

DMBizeau

Giants have such unique patterns I don't really have a hard time telling a difference between normals. I had a really hard time telling which of my blues was which when I first got them though.

G

From what I`ve read they get about 20 % bigger five feet verses four twenty pounds verses 16.. Any tegu is excessive ... I would of liked a giant . but got a standard ..because of cost .I am more than satisfied with my standard ..

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
These are pics of 2 male tegus also the fathers to each of my tegus

blizard at alost 2 y/o(giant)
2.jpg

roy age unknown(normal)
file2.jpg

Moofins

Reptastic, would those two tegus have anything to do with Bobby's tegus? I know he has a couple named Blizzard and Roy as well.

EDIT: Neeeeevermind! I just read that part that says "father" to your tegus. Derp! ^^;;

TheTeguGurl

[attachment=2437][attachment=2436] Does my male Look like a giant extreme? Need to know if he is.. He is almost 3 yrs old and is 53 in

Attachments

• DSCF1752.JPG
    DSCF1752.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 19
  • DSCF1967.JPG
    DSCF1967.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 20

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads