• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

new to the community!

micki

hey guys, i'm micki. i acquired my tegu a little over a month ago from a reptile expo. the vendor i bought him from told me "he" is about 3 years old (the man was definitely just pulling this estimate out of his bum), but i believe he's closer to a year. the man also told me that the tegu is a male (while i do get strong male vibes, he/she is still too small imo to really tell). my tegu, who i am now calling arty, assuming he's a male, has some scarring and a partially regenerated tail due to neglect in his last home. because i don't know much about his background, i decided i should be very patient and forgiving with arty. after just one month of working with him, arty: no longer hisses, loves baths, is so gentle that i can hand feed him, has never bitten me, trusts me enough to fall asleep on my chest while i pet him, and even lets me hold him! (but only if he's swaddled) so without further ado, enjoy some pictures of my big baby ♥

Attachments

• 89FF0A98-DD4B-438D-B0B1-DFC084D9910C.jpeg
    89FF0A98-DD4B-438D-B0B1-DFC084D9910C.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 32
  • D467D44F-D221-48C6-A28B-D913013C150F.jpeg
    D467D44F-D221-48C6-A28B-D913013C150F.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Hey!! You'll get good info here in this forum, and he/she's a beaut! I have a 2 yr old male, and his jowls are very big. In your picture, I thought the jowls weren't just obvious male - right off the bat. Maybe you'll be calling it "Artiss" soon.....Lol

(I called my poor boy a female for 8-10 months. As soon as I stopped, his manner became much more pleasing)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980