• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New to Tegu Talk and the world of Tegu’s

Tegu Zilla

Just picked up our new baby Colombian Tegu today. Did a lot of research and I know Colombian Tegu’s are supposed to be harder to tame but wanted a Colombian because they are supposed to be smaller than the Argentine’s. So I’m hoping she won’t be that hard during the taming process. Here are some pics of our new baby Tegu Zilla.
8cb6393dc97dc350879965d46c706862.jpg
296aac2d0b2f8e042de426dbd981ab3c.jpg
8754ae884f396223343444b59c9d72d4.jpg
5c68500809b4306b1daf2cbce428239a.jpg
39f4211d353f7c12df281391c161715a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hi and welcome.... Colombians in my eyes having one myself get far too much bad rep... I personally think that they are a bit more skittish due to their size and maybe not as socialble but having not owned an Argentine thats just my opinion.... Alpha has only biten me twice and both times where my fault because I grabbed at him due to him going somewhere that he wasn't supposed to go. Other than that he has never shown any sign of aggression, the only thing he does that can be a problem is scrambes to get away when hes had enough cuddles and be warned their claws are much sharper than they look and do salice through skin like butter.

your set up looks really good by the way ..... I will say this but I'm sure you already know that it will only last about 6 months looking at it and minimum of a 6 X 3 foot is advised

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome. More people keeping Colombians now than even in recent past. He's beautiful. As AlphaAlpha said, a larger enclosure will be needed soon.

Tegu Zilla

Thanks AlphaAlpha and Walter1, yes this is a temporary enclosure. Just buying time so that I can build a proper enclosure that will be better suited for when Zilla is full grown. Hoping to use this forum to get enclosure ideas to help with my build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980