• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Tegu Yesterday

Trizz1964

I just received my Teguyesterday from Rodney at Tegu's only. love the little guy have the tank set up by the window blinds open, with a 15x15x5 hot hide with a 12x12 basking tile on top and zoo med 100 watt basking light and a Reptisun 10 uvb, also installed a under tank heater on the hot side under the hot hide. on the cold side i have a 12x10x5 plastic Tupperware that i cut a door in 4x4 so he could go down in, it is covert it up with zoo med eco-earth and forest-floor cypress mulch, he was basking in the light for about 2 to 3 hours checking out the tank so i tried to feet him took out some whiting cut it into small pieces added some repti-cal and some herptivite,took him out of the cage he ate like 3-4 pieces put him back in after about 30 min. he was basking again then went into his cold hide and back filled his doorway, i'm like what the hell? so i took the feeding tongs and checked the door yep like 2 inches
of soil in the doorway,hahaha, like i just received you today i know your not going to Brumate so soon. Hahahaha Help....

Trizz1964

Well, today is a better day he decided to come out of the cold hide and move to the hot hide where i can see him, may be with a little luck he'll decide to climb on top of the hot hide and bask still debating should i try and feed some salmon or turkey?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Glad to here. If both ate available try both separately.

Trizz1964

well took him out of the cage, put him in a feeding tub so he doesn't run all over the place like yesterday after sunning and making me chase him. hahahaha! he not eating so i left the food there for a few minutes no good so i held him for a few minutes and put him back in the cage just for the trust building, checked all the temps, the dam zoo-med basking lamp is ****, tile is 11 inches from it and only 100f junk, ordered a mega-ray 160 heard great thing about this light. also checked the hot hide under the tile it's about 88.3f to 90f under tank heater and 4 inche3s of cypress mulch and eco earth mixed together.tested with a laser temp gun cold hide is about 72f ambient temp in the tank is 88.2f

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam