1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

New tegu not eating and hiding help!

Discussion in 'Black and White Tegu Discussion' started by Coby, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Coby

Coby New Member

Hey guys I just got my Argentine black and white tegu about 3 days ago! I'm new to the tegu world and was just wondering if I could get some help. The breeder said that he was eating crickets, ground turkey and pinky mice... But since we've had him he hasn't eaten anything and seems generally un interested in his food I know it can be stress I just didn't know if I should be handling him or what I should do pls help!
  2. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

Typical behavior of newly-moved tegu. Offer food and water. In about two weeks he'll be out more with a routine developing.
  3. Coby

Coby New Member

Thank you I've seen him drink today. But he hasn't eaten yet.
  4. Teguixin.22

Teguixin.22 Member

I waited about a week before offering food just so mine got acclimated to her surroundings. Like previously said, normal stuff.
  5. Coby

Coby New Member

It's been about a week now and he still hasn't seemed to touch his food I have a basking tile in the corner of the cage where his lights are and he just digs under it and hides all day what do I do!