• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New pics of Jasper

reptileszz

5 Year Member
Hi all, thought I would just post a couple pics of Jasper who is 5 months old. He hasnt slowed in the least, eats daily and basks all day. :)

2146538200033952798S500x500Q85.jpg

2333039810033952798S500x500Q85.jpg

2007716950033952798S500x500Q85.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Carole

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
that thing is the Hulk of all B&W's. Great job but maybe you should stop feeding him steroids!!!!! :p lol he's awesome

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Carole, he is one awesome tegu, and I am not saying that because he is one of my stock. He is a real looker, it also seems like all of the selective breeding is paying off. I breed for the color, size and disposition, he looks like he has it all. :)

reptileszz

5 Year Member
Hi, thanks for all the compliments guys! I hope he stays all bright like that. They dont fade with age do they? Or do they?

Thanks,
Carole

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think he will only get better, he is going to be an awesome looking adult. :)

reptileszz

5 Year Member
Thanks Bobby. I just love him so much. I do wonder about overfeeding. How many times a week should a tegu this size/age be eating mice and how many at a clip?

Thanks,
Carole & Jasper

nat

5 Year Member
that tegu really is black and white! ha ha I mean to say that his contrast is really clean, compared to my tegu, which is more dirty, grayish (probably has to do with sleeping in dirt all day but that's besides the point ha ha). Really handsome boy you have there!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He don't look too fat to me, he looks very healthy. I would not change a thing. As for the color Nat, there are duller looking tegus than others, this is what I am breeding for, the lighter colors.

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
He looks sooo awesome, but......HOW IS THAT 5 MONTHS OLD!!!!!!
it's a freakin giant, he'll probably out grow any of the tegus on this forum

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I know of one male out of my stock last year that reached 40 inches in one year. It looks like Jasper is trying to catch him, he is well on his way. :)

reptileszz

5 Year Member
Hi, I have no idea why Jasper is as big as he is. He is a good eater but I am only feeding him what I am told is the normal diet. Today he has turkey (with vitamins and calcium mixed in), smelts chopped up and some leftover corn thrown in cause it was there.

Thanks for all the compliments. I am going to measure him again today. At last measurement 2 weeks ago he was 33"!

2087650080033952798S500x500Q85.jpg

Carole

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980