• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

new pics! most from today!

hoosier

5 Year Member
he thinks hes BA lol
lizard279.jpg

lizard280.jpg

sleepin :roll:
lizard281.jpg

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ColdThirst said:
he looks really small for two years! Or is it just me?

He does not look small at all if he has been hibernated, you cannot compare a tegu that has not hibernated to one that has.

hoosier

5 Year Member
he hibernated on his own. not a full hibernation but a long dormate period. hes 40''. not too small to me and about 7lbs. i do believe i see buttons. 2 small round scales near the base of his tail. why do you ask?

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think Coldthirst took my comment on the egg (which looks more like a ball...I was just trying to be goofy) literally. If it were an egg, the size of the tegu relative to an egg would make it very small for a 2 year old. Am I right Coldthirst?

hoosier

5 Year Member
Yeah puff it is a ball. its one of those big plastic softballs you can get at the store. i put crickets in it and he tries to get at them and eventually knocks them out. its entertaining to watch. lol

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hoosier said:
he hibernated on his own. not a full hibernation but a long dormate period. hes 40''. not too small to me and about 7lbs. i do believe i see buttons. 2 small round scales near the base of his tail. why do you ask?

He is a good looking tegu, I was just wondering if he had the buttons, he is not showing the large jowls yet.

hoosier

5 Year Member
yeah i noticed that aswell. they are starting to get bigger. you can really see them when he drinks or eats. but i believe that they should get bigger 8)

hoosier

5 Year Member
you're telling me. im putting him back in his wooden cage because he tries like hell to get the top off. lol 8)

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If he was 2, he would be alot bigger... But then again it might be the size of the tank he is in, that is stunting his growth.

hoosier

5 Year Member
he was hibernated his first year and this year he hibernated for a while so i believe that he isnt too small for his age. but i am upgrading his tank in 2 weeks aswell 8)

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Mine just turnd 2 this spring. and they all have been hibernated each year, but they are not that small.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny