• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Outdoor Cages for the Lacertas

AB^

5 Year Member
Italian Wall Lizard & Young Jeweled Lacerta Cages

DSC07195.jpg

DSC07270.jpg

DSC07260.jpg

DSC07280.jpg

DSC07185.jpg

DSC07183.jpg

DSC07169.jpg

AB^

5 Year Member
Thanks for the comments. I got sun burnt yesterday just sitting out there watching all the lizards lol. I can't wait to get off work today and get home so I can watch them some more. Much better than indoor caging.

AB^

5 Year Member
I have 4 jeweled lacertas and 9 wall lizards.
The 4 jeweleds share a cage, then I have 2 groups of 1.2 wall lizards in the other cages. I have another screen cage that is out of shot that has 1.1 wall lizards in it and I have an extra female indoors at the moment lol

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sweet setups, I think the next step is to build yourself a little gazebo to avoid those sunburns, or at least get a beach umbrella :-D .

AB^

5 Year Member
haha yea I had already thought of that (the umbrella), too bad the afternoon sun comes from a direction that would shade behind me instead of me. There's no way around it. Looks like Im going to get super tan this summer.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
looks great! i wish i could house some of my lizards outside, but with the crazy weather here their better off indoors, like today it was in the low 70's, in july?!?

Machs70

Very nice setups, I am thinking about buying a screen cage for my Jeweled Lacerta and keeping him outside for the summer. Are your cages from Geckoman1970 on Ebay, they sell them but they don't have litter dams on them. They are 48"x 24" and $104 with shipping included, I would get one but there is no litter dam.

Machs70

Are you breeding your Jeweled Lacertas, or know of anyone selling them? I am looking for a few more, I really like mine and can't find anyone selling them.

AB^

5 Year Member
Mine are very young (1.5 months) I do not think the person I got them from has any left. I wont be able to contact him until late August as he has left the country on vacation and wont return until then.
When I picked up mine he had normals and the melanistic lacertas (Timon pater)
I will let you know if I see some available though.

Machs70

Thanks, I have been looking for awhile now and no luck, babies should be starting to hatch now, so if anyone is breeding them they might be selling them in the next couple of months. Thanks, Mark

AB^

5 Year Member
The people that I know of who breed them have already had hatchlings come and go for this season. But I will definatley let you know if I see some. Since you like the jeweled lacertas have you ever thought about Italian wall lizards? They are very fun to keep as well, just dont get as colorful or as big as the jeweleds

AB^

5 Year Member
I forgot to post this here when i uploaded it the other day, video footage!! :)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFL8-Yo8PGo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFL8-Yo8PGo</a><!-- m -->

Machs70

Were the Wall Lizards the ones climbing the screen? They seem to have a similar appearance to the Jewels but smaller, are you able to handle them? Can you tell me a little about them: size, diet, temperament, availability, price, etc. I love the setup you got there also, see your setup really makes me want to buy one of those cages, if I get more lizards. thanks, Mark

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny