• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

INcc74656i

I'm considering getting a Tegu but I've never had one before. I've had bearded dragons in the past and really like them but I'm not sure about a Tegu.

My beardie used to come with me everywhere, to the mall, the beach, work, he would run around the house I could try and go wherever she wanted.
Tegus are quite a bit bigger and I feel like it would be cool to have something like a bearded dragon that is a little bit bigger but I'm not sure what the differences are beyond that.
Anyone have some thoughts?

My beardie

Last edited:

squirt

tegu are a bit more work you can try one but just know what you are getting your self into first.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
If you're wanting to take it with you - I'd stay with a beardie. I have both, and they are quite different to me. I've had a female that was docile, and a male that was aggressive for almost a year when he finally decided to calm down. But, now he isn't always ready to be picked up and can fight, tail whip, death roll, and be very opinionated about what's going on. Beardies on the other hand just want to chill. Mine have been so laid back and sweet that they're easy to run around with and they like it. Just my opininion!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced