• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New here :)

Bree10499

Hi everyone. I am new here, but not completely new to tegus. We adopted our first tegu last year in January. We got him from a dog shelter, someone surrendered him, told the owner of the shelter that he was a 1-2 years old, a black and white tegu. He was full grown and living in a 75 gallon tank (don’t worry, we fixed that a few months after adopting him). They were wrong, Hagrid is a black and gold tegu, and he’s a cranky thing! He loves mice, raw chicken, raw steak & raw eggs. His new enclosure takes up about half my living room. He loves it, doesn’t necessarily love us. he’s happy as long as we don’t try to hold him. He will try to get out through his windows, and when we let him out, he hides. It’s okay! He’s a lot of fun!

Yesterday we got a young black and white baby! When the store got him, he was a hatchling, and not doing so hot. He’s still a little green, but he’s growing! Fast! We looked at pictures of him about 2 weeks ago and he’s grown so much since then!! I’m so excited, and already learning new information (black and golds eat very different from black and whites). We don’t have a name for the little guy, but it’s been 24 hours. As you can tell from Hagrid, I’m a fan of Harry Potter names! So far little guy (we assume he’s a guy) is eating dubia roaches, he ate 4 or 5 earlier before he was done with my nonsense!

Attachments

• 5E7620CD-B9D7-4B30-BF85-77495111B66A.jpeg
    5E7620CD-B9D7-4B30-BF85-77495111B66A.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 8
  • F8C046CF-BFAC-47D2-ABA4-514D6B94DDBC.jpeg
    F8C046CF-BFAC-47D2-ABA4-514D6B94DDBC.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8

squirt

hi, i am new to hope you and your tegus are doing good.i am thinking on getting a tegu were did you get yours

Bree10499

hi, i am new to hope you and your tegus are doing good.i am thinking on getting a tegu were did you get yours
Our adult we got from a dog shelter. He was surrendered & neglected.
The baby we just got from an amazing reptile store about an hour away!

squirt

Our adult we got from a dog shelter. He was surrendered & neglected.
The baby we just got from an amazing reptile store about an hour away!

do you now the name of the store.i am thinking on getting one from that store

Last edited:

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Hi everyone. I am new here, but not completely new to tegus. We adopted our first tegu last year in January. We got him from a dog shelter, someone surrendered him, told the owner of the shelter that he was a 1-2 years old, a black and white tegu. He was full grown and living in a 75 gallon tank (don’t worry, we fixed that a few months after adopting him). They were wrong, Hagrid is a black and gold tegu, and he’s a cranky thing! He loves mice, raw chicken, raw steak & raw eggs. His new enclosure takes up about half my living room. He loves it, doesn’t necessarily love us. he’s happy as long as we don’t try to hold him. He will try to get out through his windows, and when we let him out, he hides. It’s okay! He’s a lot of fun!

Yesterday we got a young black and white baby! When the store got him, he was a hatchling, and not doing so hot. He’s still a little green, but he’s growing! Fast! We looked at pictures of him about 2 weeks ago and he’s grown so much since then!! I’m so excited, and already learning new information (black and golds eat very different from black and whites). We don’t have a name for the little guy, but it’s been 24 hours. As you can tell from Hagrid, I’m a fan of Harry Potter names! So far little guy (we assume he’s a guy) is eating dubia roaches, he ate 4 or 5 earlier before he was done with my nonsense!
Congrats!! Nice of you to do the rescue - I know first hand that they can be angry about their situation when you first get them. Mine was angry for about 10 months, but he has given it all up for a good jowl scratch - lol. He's been happy for almost 2 years now, and left all the anger and aggressiveness behind.

They can be so fun, and really do become your buddy with patience.

Dutch213

That’s awesome! I just ordered my first tegu. I’m a little nervous/excited. I’m going to my friends shop to build the enclosure this week. I wanted to put in my house like yours but I’m doing an 8x4x4 and I just don’t have the room so it’s going in basement unfortunately.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam