• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New here

Bowlshot

hello everyone, I’m new here and am looking to buy my first tegu in the near future. I’m here to learn as much as possible before then and to ask a billion questions so for that i do apologize in advance. Thanks you all and hope to be helpful in any way i can.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome! A lot of experienced keepers and all of us are still learning!

Austin27

Welcome! My advice would be to throw down the money and get an Argentine b&w tegu. I keep a Gold Tegu and there's nothing wrong with them it just takes so much time working with those Gold Tegus. They're a lot more cautious than argentines, or Red Tegus, Blue Tegus. Just my opinion, I love Austin and he is awesome but I've been bitten on the lip, have been shredded with claws, and have had to deal with a somewhat aggressive animal charging at me while opening the enclosure. Don't let that deter you though, as every Tegu is their own individual. Always get a captive bred one if you can find it. Mine was wild caught and sold to me at a show.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I believe all golds are wild caught. Young are farm raised and exported.

Argentines are WC in FL and farm raised and exported, and captive bred.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I have 2 wild caught BW Argentines, and while I had a lot of trouble with my 1 yr old that I bought, the baby was a peach. Zero aggression, and very friendly. No huffing-puffing, etc. So...I'd recommend a very young Black and White Argentine from Rodney Irwin in Florida where he rescues them. Great guy, very accommodating. Good cause. My now 2 yr old is very tame, and completely adjusted, it just took awhile with him. It was worth the work, and so...worth checking out - tegusonly.com

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam