1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

New enclosure

Discussion in 'Tegu Enclosures' started by Griffin, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Griffin

Griffin Member

Getting ready to purchase my 2.5 month old female red Tegu her adult enclosure, I was looking at a 8X3X 20 inches, do you think the height will be problematic? I plan on getting a screen mesh installed on the top for lights, but am wondering if I should go higher and do an 8X3X3. Would also like to see your guys set ups and how you use them and what not.
    Thanks,
    -G
  2. AlphaAlpha

AlphaAlpha Active Member

Mine is around 20 inch high and I have no problems.... I have pics of it in a post on hear
  3. Griffin

Griffin Member

Actually getting the melamine 8X3X2.5 on boa master , how many incadescent light fixtures do you think I should get installed to the top? I was Thinking 2 on the warm side and 1 in the middle? If anyone has a similar size and could tell me how many fixtures they have installed on the top that would be nice
  4. Griffin

Griffin Member

Actually ended up going with the 8X3X2 PVC on animal plastics- should arrive in 2-3 months. I got 3 incandescent fixtures installed but not sure thats enough, what do you guys think will be the best to heat it up?
  5. Griffin

Griffin Member

Can anyone send some pics of their larger enclosures and how the lights are set up. Starting to worry I didn’t get enough incadescent light fixtures would greatly appreciated the responses/help.
  6. AlphaAlpha

AlphaAlpha Active Member

I just have a 100w basking bulb and a 36 inch 12% arcadia strip light in mine.