1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

New Enclosure

Discussion in 'Tegu Enclosures' started by Waters, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Waters

Waters New Member

I am currently building a new enclosure for a baby that is on his way. I built this one for a monitor (which ended up being used by a Bearded Dragon) and plan on doing something similar. My question is in regards to heating.........how is everybody heating large enclosures (8X4X4 and larger)? Does it make sense to enclose a space heater connected to a thermostat for ambient temperatures or can these larger enclosures be heated with bulbs?
    monitor cage.jpg
  2. Mudnmyi

Mudnmyi New Member

How did you do the background and sides?!?!
  3. Waters

Waters New Member

It was done with a product from universal rocks. They sell reptile/fish backgrounds, rocks, etc. Only drawback is it is extremely expensive.....the next cage I will probably just do with foam to get (hopefully) the same look.
  4. Mudnmyi

Mudnmyi New Member

Ok Thanks for the info!