• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New enclosure new tegu

mattboyle96

5 Year Member
New home for the boy. Not quite done. Some props im putting in as well once they get in.
My guy is small. Hes a blue x red. Doesn't seem to be growing very much. Very picky eater womt each much at all. Likes to sleep alot. Seems young to like to sleep so much. Is this normal? I've had him since early October. Still working on handling. Not overly aggressive. Some barrel rolling and tail thrashing. Here are some pictures. Any suggestions to help with feeding growth or handling are appricated!!!! View attachment 15341View attachment 15342View attachment 15343View attachment 15344View attachment 15345

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I couldn't get your pics, but the behavior sounds very normal. Sleeping at this time of year is called brumation. Make sure he had fresh water at all times. Food really isn't necessary, until they start coming out looking for it. Death rolls....check. Tail thrashing......check. Sleeping over winter......check. They take awhile to trust us, and you have to have more patience than you might expect. Don't over-handle if they're brumating. Good luck!!

Jake.B

New home for the boy. Not quite done. Some props im putting in as well once they get in.
My guy is small. Hes a blue x red. Doesn't seem to be growing very much. Very picky eater womt each much at all. Likes to sleep alot. Seems young to like to sleep so much. Is this normal? I've had him since early October. Still working on handling. Not overly aggressive. Some barrel rolling and tail thrashing. Here are some pictures. Any suggestions to help with feeding growth or handling are appricated!!!! View attachment 15341View attachment 15342View attachment 15343View attachment 15344View attachment 15345
That enclosure is amazing, did you build that yourself? I’m looking at getting a tegu but want have an enclosure he can grow into

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam