• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Blue

Nickali21

My girlfriend and I recently got a Blue Tegu. When we got him/her, they said they were pretty sure it was a male and about 3 months old. I dont see the enlarged scales near the vent yet to signify a male but maybe because it's too young still?? This was back in Sept 19'. So as of now its Feb 20' which would make the tegu about 8 months old. I measured him/her the other day from head to tail and total length is 26". Is it normal for them to grow that fast, especially considering the tegu has been in a half brumation since October. Sleeps for a week or two and then out everyday for a week.

Attachments

• 20200208_101002.jpg
    20200208_101002.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 68

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tegus grow to adult size very quickly. Often to 3-3.5 ft in their first year of life. Looks well cared for.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced