• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Djatawsome

I recently bought a baby Argentine red tegu at the Tinley Park Narbc reptile expo. I have another tegu but raised her from a yearling, so I don't quite understand the intricacies of hatchlings quite yet. I have my baby setup in a 75 gallon acrylic tank for growing. I've had him for only 4 days I dont try to handle or anything because of past experience. Just had a few questions about Baby tegu reds in particular. I haven't seen him at all out of his hide while I'm home is this normal? And if so how does feeding work because many people have said they feed daily at this age. Is it ok to just leave water in there for now or is there a certain point I should take him out of his hide to eat. I know there is an " adjustment period" how long does that usually take? Recommended temps at this size? Is feeding meats or insects more of a staple diet? Please let me know, if hear comes out I'll post pictures as well thanks. Any future questions I have I'll post here.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
For the short time you've had it , not seeing it is pretty normal I would think due to its change in surrounding....There is not a specific time for the adjustment period you just have to go on instinct and build on a relationship ... I'd keep offering food and water daily, I personally see no reason not to just leave it in for the day.... From what I have read bugs are best from a hatchling but never owned a hatchling my self.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam