• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Name for a female savannah monitor

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Are you drawn to anything in particular? Planets, mythology, colors, characters, etc?

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Anything dragonish or dinosaurian works well. I came up with "Kodo" my removing the middle syylable from "Komodo." Two of my snakes have musically inspired names (one for a guitarist, the other after an album title), so that's always an option.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Chara, means joyful. Or Gia, Greek variant of Gaia, earth. Kora, the maiden. Nyx, meaning night, also the name of the Greek goddess of night. Finally, Priska (pronounced Preeska), meaning ancient.

Sirhc401

Lots of interesting names. I think we might of found one. Kind of suits her personality. Vira. Whatcha think?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Off topic, have you posted pics of your Sav and its enclosure. Just curious.

Sirhc401

Not yet. I had to switch out some cages and she had to lay in a box for an hour last night and I wanted to get her out. I have to switch out substrate and give her bark. I was thinking of giving her dirt but I am over catious and I don't know what dirt has or has not been sprayed with chemicals. So I would rather nit take chances

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bark is no good, it doesn't allow her to dig a burrow. How big is she?

Sirhc401

3 years old. Full grown
I got Him froM a private owned reptile store. And I guess I'm too trusting of ppl cause I held what I thought was a girl and she seemed fine. And I was told he was a sweetheart. After I got it, this is what I find out, it is a male, it has cage aggression, but the one that gets me is this guy has been raised with hand feeding. He thinks any skin is food. FML

My little baby Odin seems like a cuddly nice guy in comparison. The monitors cage aggression is fixable, but the problem is my girlfriend can not deal with a monitor that has been raised hand fed.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Let's see some pics when you get the chance. I'm sure the problems can be solved with time.

Sirhc401

I'll get some picks and post them tomorrow. We are testing him tomorrow to see if he can make progress on changing his habits. We are disappointed because we wanted a female specifically. But we can get over that. Like I said it is the association he has with food. And it is kind of different if I were breaking a baby of that vs. A full adult monitor chasing after my feet thinking it's food. Ya know?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How old was it when you got it? How are you sure it is male? How long have you had it?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam