1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

My Tegu

Discussion in 'Black and White Tegu Discussion' started by Iron Soldier91, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Iron Soldier91

Iron Soldier91 New Member

My Tegu never arrive after I paid the seller name Devin. He just scammed me for money. Avoid this scammer.
    PK803 likes this.
  2. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

I am a moderator. Facts of this sort of matter can be sorted on Faunaclassified's BOI. Once sorted there or elsewhere, report back here. Until then, accusations only and will be deleted.
  3. Iron Soldier91

I share my experience as reptile owner as well as a buyer. This is my first experience being scam and totally caught surprise. Before I realized I was scammed, another member made comment about Devin posting red Tegu. I became concern. If you find my comment is accusation without merit, please delete my post and thanks for the info. Just to create Tegu scammed awareness is one of Tegu talk member. I apologized for creating an awareness to the members and thanks for the info.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    PK803 likes this.
  4. Zyn

Zyn Active Member

For Tegus and reptiles in general there are a lot of scammers. I wouldn’t suggest buying from anyone that isn’t a reputable breeder or buy from a local show. Fauna has a great list of breeders. Most threads created on any rehomming threads I tend to stay clear of.
    PK803 likes this.
  5. Iron Soldier91

Greatly appreciated the info. Lesson learned. I ordered a Tegu this time from Tegusonly.com and I hope I get my Very first Tegu. Thanks again
    PK803 likes this.
  6. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

You'll get a quality animal from a quality guy with Rodney. My four are from him.

Eager to see a photo of him/her when settled in.
    PK803 and Leezard like this.
  7. Iron Soldier91

I’m ordering today.
  8. Ginny Mastandrea

Ginny Mastandrea New Member

That’s where I got mine and you WILL get it! Sorry for being taken. It’s happened to all of us in one way or another. Not just reptiles
    PK803 likes this.
  9. Wes Dolatta

Wes Dolatta New Member

I only buy at reptile shows and from people I know never buy on line to risky, almost got burned on a chameleon one time never again
    PK803 likes this.
  10. Iron Soldier91

I’ve never have problem in the past. I adopted my Savanna Monitor 17 years ago via online paid the owner and He hand deliver to me. But this is really a lesson learn. $175 is just a pocket change but for the scammer is a worthless integrity. That was a cheap shot of scamming people.
    PK803 likes this.
  11. Barbara Whyman

Barbara Whyman New Member

My tegu is from Rodney Irwin (tegusonly) not only will you get a tegu but you are rescuing it from Florida killing it as an invasive species that’s him in the picture.