• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My Monitors

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
[attachment=4229]
So check out my monitors. They're all very rare species not often seen in captivity. From left to right: Varanus wooodeus, Varanus rubbericus, and Varanus plasticus. All three are super tame.

Attachments

• Photo on 2012-04-17 at 21.06.jpg
    Photo on 2012-04-17 at 21.06.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 13

AP27

Hey! A have a varanus plasticus that looks just like that one! Must be from the same clutch :)

Dana C

Here is a question for you and anyone that keeps Varanids.
As you am sure have read, I have young V. ionidesi, (Black Throat). With a very few exceptions they are, or at least have been imported from Tanzania. Late last year, Tanzania halted the export of all native animals, reptiles etc. which makes life difficult for importers, enthusiasts, zoos etc.
It is my impression that very few Black Throats are U.S. captive bred and please correct me if I am wrong.

I would think that some enthusiasts would jump on a breeding program, even a cooperative one. BT's are calm for the most part, tamable, big and beautiful. If you can handle the size and the necessary enclosure, lots of food and heat, they make great display lizards and great pets. If people breed Salvadors, Niles ettc., why not Black Throats. I have heard that breeding them is difficult but now with the scarcity and what I anticipate higer prices, it would be worth doing it.

The last question is: Do you think or have heard that will either lift or modify the ban?

m3s4

The big one looks sorta like my varanus madeinchinas.

Some of them are known to have a high content of lead.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam