• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My herd enjoying the summer!

Deac77

5 Year Member
Thought I'd show off some of my grazers in all their glory!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367793706.434407.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367793722.090675.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367793733.409268.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367793742.711005.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367793753.848359.jpg

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I was hoping you wouldn't mind if I posted some, too. :)

Indian Star Tortoise
DSC08464.JPG

One of the Ornate x FL Box turtle babies
DSC08473.JPG

Sulcata going to check out the cat...he's a nosey
DSC08283.JPG

Joey, my Australian Shepherd keeping watch over it all, lol.
DSC08286.JPG

Deac77

5 Year Member
i dont mind at all!!! that sulcata is amazing! (was he a rescue?) and omg that star tort is amazing as well!! and that Aussie!!!! I miss mine too!

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yes, my Sulcata came from Long Island Tortoise Rescue. He looks rough, but has done so well in our yard. Such a sweetie! He was about 15# when we got him 1.5 yrs ago and now he is roughly 30#. Most of that is probably building shell density.

My Aussie was a rescue, too. The owners couldn't handle his activity level and were going to euthanize him when he was 9mo old with Parvo. We got him at a year old and now he's about 10-11. He blew out his knee and had TPLO surgery at 3yo. But he still gets around pretty good. He's just not the fastest dog at the dog park anymore.

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
Indian stars are sooo gorgeous! Ive never kept torts long-term, just a few rescues here and there. such personalities!

Skeetzy

That Indian Star makes me want one now. My girlfriend had a sulcata growing up that escaped, and she's been wanting another. I think I'll get her an Indian star since they seem to not grow nearly as large.

Skeetzy

I wish, they're so expensive. Don't have the room for that size tortoise right now. Thinking I might get her a Herman's.

Deac77

5 Year Member
indian stars stay small, but can get pricey! my sully's were only 60$ each with shipping lol, but they get very big and are very destructive like bull dozers, you cant stop them if they want to go somewhere

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They are nice and compact, but a few hundred dollars for sure. Kinda shy, but so pretty. My sulcata is a nut. He gets really irritated with the tegus in HIS yard lately. I have two that I think would take a chomp out of him. They all want to go hang out in his burrow/house and dig, and he wants to get close enough to step on them. Very frustrating!

Deac77

5 Year Member
Lol! That's funny! I love my sullys they are crazy too! My leopard is awesome though as well he's way more personable cones running if he sees me in the yard

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced