• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

My Black Throat monitor

bonedoc

[attachment=3059]Hey there, here is a pic of my black throat monitor. His name is Mushu. He is about 2 and a 1/2 years old. Currently he is just about 5' long and weighs just under 30lbs.

Attachments

• 2010-08-07_12-07-55_124.jpg
    2010-08-07_12-07-55_124.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 40

CrankbaitJedi

Now that! THAT is what I am talking about!!! Those big BTs have T Rex heads!!! Love those big guys. He is just glaring back at the camera with the 'whatchagonnado' look. Are his eyes red or is that just me projecting Sith-like qualities on to him to increase his awesomeness?

bonedoc

jtpowers said:
Beautiful boy. How's his temperament?

His temperament is excellent. He has never so much as open his mouth in a threatening manner or ever attempted to bite. He will hiss if doesn't want to be bothered but that is the extent of it. I can pick him up and carry him around but trimming his nails will forever be a two person job.
CrankbaitJedi said:
Now that! THAT is what I am talking about!!! Those big BTs have T Rex heads!!! Love those big guys. He is just glaring back at the camera with the 'whatchagonnado' look. Are his eyes red or is that just me projecting Sith-like qualities on to him to increase his awesomeness?
just red eye from the camera, it does add a bit of mystery to the picture though...lol

bonedoc

We had a Black and White Tegu, named poptart, and a Red Tegu named Rusty but unfortunately we lost them in a house fire on Jan 1, 2011. They were my sons and they were devastated. The black and White was about 3-3.5 ft long and the Red was about 2.5 ft long.
We currently are waiting on a Black and White Extreme giant and a High Contrast Red from Varnyard-Herps. Can't wait to get our new additions.

bonedoc

[attachment=4519][attachment=4520]Some new pics of my black throat monitor. Coming out of his hide and chillin pool side in his crib...lol

Attachments

• 2012-06-12_15-29-08_892.jpg
    2012-06-12_15-29-08_892.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • 2012-06-12_15-30-33_187.jpg
    2012-06-12_15-30-33_187.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26

Diablo

5 Year Member
He still looks awesome man, looks very happy haha. I can't wait to get my BnW tegu too, has yours hatched yet?

bonedoc

Diablo said:
He still looks awesome man, looks very happy haha. I can't wait to get my BnW tegu too, has yours hatched yet?

Sent a few messages to Bobby at Varnyard, haven't heard back yet but I know he is busy.

HeatherN said:
look at those claws!

He is due for a nail trimming...it is a 2 person job. I hold him still while one of my sons quickly secure a foot and dremels the nails. It is NOT his favorite activity...lol

bonedoc

Diablo said:

Just talked with bobby this am. He confirmed that yes the extremes did hatch and he will be notifying us when the reds hatch so we can set up shipping of both babies at the same time. Woooohooo!!! We can't wait....we are so looking forward to it. I'm getting their enclosures ready as we speak.

Dana C

More than once I have dripped blood from monitor claws. The good news is that my Black Throat is letting me clip his nails now. Mind you, he isn't wild about it but lets me none the less. Clipping him after a good meal and a crap makes him much easier to handle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980