• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Multiple males?

HowardB

I'm new to this forum and am sure that this Q has been asked and answered already, but I don't know how to find the thread (if someone will tell me how to do this, I won't clutter the forum with redundant questions). Anyhow, the question is: I have two adult male Argentine B&Ws living together in a 4' X 3' X 3' cage. I have an adult female in a separate, similar-sized cage. To breed her, should I just put her in the cage with both adult males, or remove one of the males and then introduce her to the other? (I know it seems late in the year to breed them -- I'm in California -- but the female is a relatively recent acquisition and didn't consistently come out of her hide to bask until very recently. This is a long story and I won't bore you with it. The males definitely hibernated and I'm relatively sure this is also true for the female). Apologies for the long post. Thanks in advance, Howard

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would be concerned of having a fight on your hands with all three together. Instead, introduce one male to her. See what happens. Also, look at the tope of her neck before putting the male in. He'll hold on to the nape of her neck. Often scuffs, and you'll know something happened. Then leave her alone from males so she can form her clutch.

Jomatty

Seems like a lot of tegus in a small space to consider breeding. Not trying to be a jerk, because I am relatively new to tegus but by monitor and similar sized lizards I have worked with that seems like snug accommodations. Is this common for those breeding indoors?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam