• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

More Pics-Russet Rhino Iguana

hangtown530

let me know what you think...

MYIGUANA013.jpg

MYIGUANA019.jpg

MYIGUANA014.jpg

MYIGUANA016.jpg

MYIGUANA018.jpg

MYIGUANA017.jpg

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nice Rhino. What size enclosure is he in? Why no substrate? Can you post a pic of the entire enclosure?

hangtown530

:) I'm the guy whole built the 7ft H x 6ft W x 4ft D enclosure remember? lol I have him in a 90 gallon tank at the moment...I will move his bigger enclosure in sometime soon. Then take your advice from before and not make it as tall :) and a bit wider than 6ft...and I laid linoleum instead of mulch or bark or anything he could possibly ingest.

You use Cyprus Mulch right? Anyways the tank is 4ft W x 2ft Tall x 1.5 ft wide...give or take.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oh ok I remember. If you plan on getting another large lizard you could divide the cage in half and have 2 6x4x3.5. Might work for a permanent enclosure depending on how big your Rhino gets.

Yeah I use cypress mulch for both my Rhino and my Tegus.

hangtown530

that's true but i'll only ever have the one :) Great idea though. I am going to see what I can do in the near future with the enclosure I built.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You could always make the enclosure 6x4x4 and make storage space out of the rest of the space. Only reason I say this, is that it is easier to keep temps and humidity in a "smaller" enclosure. But people have made bigger cages work and I'm sure you can too if that is what you decide to go with. It also depends on where you live, if you are in Florida temps and humidity won't be an issue.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Very nice! I don't want to come off the wrong way but you should try to get a digital probe thermometer, the little stick on guys aren't as accurate as the digital ones go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980