• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Mood changes

new2tegus

Okay, I'm pretty sure my guy is down for the count now. It's been about 6 days I believe, and I haven't seen him since,but I'm just curious if they get moody before going down. The last time he was out, wasn't good,and I feel so horrible. I love him so much, it reminds me of my first lizard, only giant sized. He was out roaming around,and started to wedge himself under a door, it's one of those crappy apartment metal doors to one of those horribly small pantry closets, you know the type, with the sharp metal edges on the bottom. So i gently tried to move him back from there,and he flipped, started bolting all over the place. I went over to pick him up in the corner and he opened his mouth and was huffing at me,but didn't try to bite me when i picked him up. I placed him back in his cage, and he came out a few times to bask since then. I just hope he settles a little more after hibernation. I feel horrible, it hurt to see him move to the back of the cage and move away from me after the incident. Two days later he came over and sat on my hand and slept some,but was still noticeably jumpy when I walked by,he wouldn't move much but would change positions in his cage when I walked by. I also just picked up a dragon, which is doing wonderfully. Do tegus get jealous, I know they are intelligent,and I'm sure he can smell if not sense another lizard in the apartment. Sorry, I know he will be okay, I just feel horrible about the whole thing. Just wish they could understand the word sorry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602