• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Monitor lizards after Ackies

Which monitor lizard as a pet

• Argus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blackthroat

• Tegu

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Savannah

• Total voters

varanusvarius

Hello,

I currently have a trio of ackie monitors, I love this trio and I have decided to get another monitor, this time in a slightly larger or much larger package. I have narrowed my list down to either a savannah, blackthroat, or argus monitor. I like tame and active lizards hence why I like my ackies. Which one is best suited for me.

In terms of space, I have a spare room so housing doesn't matter.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Honestly, the best one, is the one you want (and can care for).

Zyn

White throats have very similar personalities to Tegus and are cold tolerant like Tegus as well.

Waters

I have owned one Argus and he was a terror lol. Blackthroats and Whitethroats can both be pretty docile, for a monitor. I personally find Savs pretty boring. Have you look at Roughnecks?

Zyn

White throats are pretty much a Tegu pretty cold talerante.

My dream monitor would be a bell phase lace monitor but I don’t live in Australia sadly lol

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Seen pictures, a knockout.

My ultimate monitor wish is a a set up conducive to breeding crocodile monitors. Would come with a chain mail suit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980