• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Missing tegu

Mich lady

Roman my 29 inch tegu has been missing for 2 and a half days. I've looked everywhere I can think of. Left food out. But no sign of him. I'm sure he is curled up somewhere. Any suggestions on how to lure him out? Or where else I can look?

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Set a basking spot up in the room you think hes hiding.... Alpha found a hole under my sofa and climbed up into it

Mich lady

I have set up a basking spot, problem is I'm not sure what room he is in. I think he is somewhere in my house. I left food out for him in several rooms yesterday and none of it was touched. But I keep looking on obscure spots I think he might be hiding in. I'm getting worried .

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Does he have time out to roam and is there a room he tends to favour?

Also if you have hard floors sprinkle a line of sand, soil or flour where you think he might travel to see if it gets disturbed whilst your out.

and keep leaving food and water about especially whilst its quite to see if that pulls him out.

How did he escape?

Mich lady

Yes,he roams around my bedroom which is where his enclosure is. I put a gate up in the doorway. He usually goes into my closet. My son I think left the gate slightly open and I think that's y he might have gotten into other parts of the house. He is usually good about staying close to what he knows.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have set up a basking spot, problem is I'm not sure what room he is in. I think he is somewhere in my house. I left food out for him in several rooms yesterday and none of it was touched. But I keep looking on obscure spots I think he might be hiding in. I'm getting worried .
Can yoy heat up the house? If so, leave light dusting of bread flour on smooth floors to detect tracks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makit5744