1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

Melamine Cage

Discussion in 'General Tegu Discussion' started by JohnGinnIII, Oct 6, 2018.

1. JohnGinnIII

JohnGinnIII Member

I made a post before on my melamine cage. I am making anither one just because i want to confirm what I would need for the cage. Can anyone tell me specifically what I would need. I already know the vents and the dimensions. Are there any tips as to what way I should go with the enclosure. Like maybe ways to build it that benefit my tegu. Also if I do melamine bottom and sides, can I do plywood Roof. Or melamine roof and plywood floor? Please help want to get everything by Friday. Thank you for any advice.
  2. dpjm

dpjm Active Member 5 Year Member

Do a melamine floor, if the plywood gets wet it might mold. And wood is next to impossible to keep clean. Why not just do all melamine?
    Walter1 likes this.
  3. JohnGinnIII

JohnGinnIII Member

I was just thinking maybe I can do a foldable roof instead of a front door
  4. JohnGinnIII

JohnGinnIII Member

Is plexi glass best front door
  5. JohnGinnIII

JohnGinnIII Member

My friend offered me a 150 gallon tank for 100$ for my tegu. Is that good for them to stay in their whole life. Or should I just build the enclosure?
  6. dpjm

dpjm Active Member 5 Year Member

150 gallons will not be large enough. Just build an enclosure. Plexi would work for the front door but it will get scratched quickly and look bad. I would use real glass. You can do a folding top for access instead of an opening front door.

What are the dimensions you are planning?
  7. JohnGinnIII

JohnGinnIII Member

6×3×3 or 7x3x3 because its a female tegu. I heard that making a front door may benefit trust since I won't be coming down from the top to grab her. Do you have any tips for a way to make a front door or top foldable panel. Did you build your enclosure
  8. Zyn

Zyn Active Member

8x4x4 sliding glass front door

Check out YouTube there are literally 573728373773 videos on the subject
    Ginny Mastandrea likes this.