• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Meet Oswald (Ozzy)

Samuel Bassemier

Ozzy is my first Tegu and like a first child I want so badly to do everything correctly! So advice always welcome!
I got Ozzy from TegusOnly and think that he is a male. He is very shy right now, but starting to eat more when I bring him out. He seems to be okay with handling and likes to explore once warmed up.
(When they eat is it normal to hear them breath?)
(Is it normal for them to hide away when at a new home for a very long time (a week))

TripleTegus

Definitely normal to hide out for a little while. All animals take time to adjust to new settings. It's even a good idea to not even really interact with them for the first week or so. He's definitely a pretty lizard tho and I hope u enjoy having him around.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Firstly welcome and hello to the Colombian gang:D..... I have a 2-3 year old.

WOW I've never heard of anyone getting a gold from Rodney at tegusonly.... Ozzy looks great by the way, have patience with him, slowly build trust and I'm sure you'll have a great bond / relationship.

the heavy breathing whilst eating although I've not witnessed it myself I'm sure its nothing to worry about.

Remember you've turned the little guys world on its head, so hes bound to be a little shy and cautious. plus at this time of year although Colombians don't brumate its kinda normal for them to sleep for a good week or so (no you never stop panicking..... haha). Also don't be put off if you seem to take a step backwards from time to time its just the Colombian way stick with it and don't let ozzy push boundaries.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Hey!! Welcome - and it's good to hear about your purchase from Rodney Irwin. I have a male and a female from him, and I couldn't be happier. They are beautiful animals but very different from each other.

Ask a lot of questions - you'll get a sense of what your little guy needs.

Did I miss something? He/she is a Colombian Gold Tegu? How does AlphaAlpha know that? ;)

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ha ha ...... I'm wrong I think and now very confused ..... Think I must have being half asleep writing my first comment or just not paid the correct attention.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Functioning half-asleep. I'm occasionally in that line, or so I think I remember.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980